Why is 1.5°C important? How much time do we have left? What can you do about climate change?
If you want to learn more about the current state of climate change or just wanted to know why all your green friends seemed sad, come to Climate Reality Project and Penn Environmental Group's panel of experts on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's 2018 Report. Hear from professionals and professors on every aspect of the report, climate change, and what comes next. Catering by Goldie Falafel.
- Dr. Billy Fleming from the McHarg Center in PennDesign with experience working with a number of environmental organizations and efforts ranging from preserving climate data that was at risk of erasure during the Trump administration to urban policy development in the White House Domestic Policy Council during the Obama Administration.
- Dr. Irina Marinov, Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences with an expertise in ocean and climate modeling.
- Professor Andrew Huemmler, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering with an expertise in energy systems, climate policy, and electricity markets
- Julian Goresko from Penn Sustainability Office who works with many student groups and initiatives focused on improving Penn's sustainability.
- Dr. Bill Braham, Professor of Architecture and also Director of the Master of Environmental Building Design and of the Center for Environmental Building + Design with over 30 years of experience in energy and architecture.